Brazoria County, Matagorda County, Alvin, Angleton, Brazoria, Clute, Freeport, Lake Jackson, Manvel, Pearland, Sweeny and West Columbia Divorce and Family Law
Rodney Wiseman specializes in divorce and family law and practices primarily in Brazoria and Matagorda Counties. Brazoria County is the county seat for residents of Alvin, Angleton, Brazoria, Clute, Freeport, Lake Jackson, Manvel, Pearland, Sweeny and West Columbia.

Mr. Wiseman has been licensed to practice law in the State of Texas since 1990 and is a member in good standing with the State Bar of Texas. He has been practicing family law since that time in Brazoria County. His family law practice includes:

Modification of Conservatorship and Child Support
Terminations & Adoptions
Enforcements of Prior Support & Visitation Orders
Child Protective Service Cases
Agreements Between Significant Others


Representation in divorce proceedings involving issues of:
  • Informal (common law) marriages;
  • Children - conservatorship; possession and access; geographical
    restrictions; and support; and
  • Property division - valuation, characterization and
    disproportionate division.


Representation in modification of prior order proceedings involving issues of:
  • conservatorship (custody);
  • geographic restrictions;
  • possession and access; and
  • support.


Representation in paternity proceedings involving issues of:
  • Establishment of paternity;
  • Establishment of possession and access; and
  • Establishment of support.

Terminations and Adoptions

Representation in bringing and/or defending:
  • voluntary and involuntary terminations;
  • stepparent adoptions; and
  • relative and nonrelative adoptions.

Enforcements of Prior Orders

Representation in bringing and/or defending enforcement actions involving issues of:
  • child support;
  • possession and access; and
  • property division orders.

Child Protective Service Cases

Representing parents, grandparents and other family members including foster parents in cases involving CPS.

Agreements Between Significant Others

Advice regarding and drafting of:
  • prenuptial and postnuptial agreements;
  • partition and exchange agreements;
  • agreements converting separate property into community property; and
  • cohabitation agreements.